In the unlikely event that purchasers should experience a product failure, this should in the first instance be dealt with by contacting the supplier or local authorised LED FLEX representative. Our warranty is provided in addition to any statutory legal rights and details the terms under which claims can be made.
1. Duration of Warranty This warranty applies to all LED FLEX manufactured products for 3 years from the date of installation (or date of manufacture if the installation date is not known or verifiable) An extended 5 year warranty may be offered at the discretion of LED FLEX if appropriate project registration criteria are met.
2. Repair or Replacement Should a LED FLEX product fail to function within the warranty period, LED FLEX will on its sole discretion provide a replacement free of charge or repair defective components in accordance with the terms set out below. Purchasers shall bear the cost of removal and return of any product subject to a warranty claim and that of installing a replacement. Any other costs, including but not limited to replacement costs upon installation; costs caused from failures of the installation or other damages and/or consequential damages are not covered by this warranty. Replacement products shall as far as possible match the specification of the original but may have superior performance characteristics in line with ongoing product development.
3. Return of a Defective Product The purchaser making a warranty claim shall contact LED FLEX (or their authorised representative) at the earliest opportunity to be provided with an address for return of the product. On receipt of returned product/s the validity of the claim will be checked. Proof of purchase may be required. LED FLEX reserve the right to conduct diagnostic examination of any defective or failed product to determine patterns of usage and cause of failure and reserve the right to be the sole judge as to whether a returned product is defective within the terms of this warranty.
4. Notes / Conditions of Warranty This warranty applies only to defects in materials and workmanship and only where LED FLEX Products are properly handled, stored, installed, wired and maintained in accordance with the most recent published LED FLEX product usage guides, installation instructions, specification sheets, and any applicable local electrical safety standards and wiring regulations. (The most recent versions of LED FLEX product documentation are available from the website www.led-flex.co.uk) This warranty does not constitute any inference as to the suitability of any product for any purpose. In no event shall LED FLEX be liable for any other costs or damages including lost profits, incidental, special or consequential damages. Warranty claims will be invalid in the event of : Product damage due to abuse, unauthorised alteration or modification, accident, fire, flood, lightning, rodents, insects, negligence or acts of God. Product installation by unqualified persons. Product modification, disassembly or attempted repair by non LED FLEX staff. Product installation or storage in ‘abnormal’ conditions or locations, including but not limited to those where : Ambient Temperatures are in excess of 60 Deg C. Installation in areas of excessive humidity. Any product subjected to excessive mechanical stress, or physical damage. Inadequate heat sinking provision for any unhoused ‘bare PCB’ type LED product. IP67 class luminaires installed without adequate local drainage, or becoming immersed in water. Chemical contamination or damage from salt laden air. Damage from use of pressure washers or other mechanical cleaners. Improper use of ‘sanitizing products’ and maintenance using improper or unapproved chemical compounds/solvents. Unauthorised use of parts or accessories not manufactured by LED FLEX in conjunction with LED FLEX Products. ‘Constant Voltage’ (CV) LED FLEX LED Products supplied with incorrect voltage. ‘Constant Current’ (CC) LED FLEX LED products supplied with incorrect current. Incorrect layout, cutting and connection of wiring; intermittent or improper mains electrical supply. Product/s having damaged serial number, cable or Certificate labels. Product/s which have been installed more than once or have not been returned promptly and directly to LED FLEX for fault diagnosis and testing.
5. Warranty contacts Warranty claims can be made only by the original purchaser by contacting LED FLEX or local LED FLEX authorised representative details of which can be found via the supplier or on the website – http://www.led-flex.co.uk/
6. Implied Terms 6.1 Subject to sub-clause 6.2, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied is excluded. 6.2 Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of or liability under such condition or warranty, the condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in this warranty. However the liability of LED FLEX for any breach of such condition or warranty shall be limited, at the option of LED FLEX, to the following: If the breach relates to any LED FLEX Product: (i) the replacement or the supply of equivalent LED FLEX Product; (ii) repair of product (excluding costs of removal and installation); (iii) payment of the cost of replacement or of acquiring equivalent product; or (iv) payment of the cost of repair of product (excluding costs of removal and installation).