An LED (Light Emitting Diode) is a semiconductor device that emits a visible light of a certain colour when an electrical charge is applied. They provide a very low heat source with a very long lamp life of around 50,000 hours.
To really understand the possibilities with LEDs, it's important to make the distinction between integrated and retrofit options.
Integrated LED lights have the LEDs actually built into the fixture itself. Whether on a panel, strip or disc, the diodes are installed into the fixture, so you won't find a standard socket for a bulb.
A reference to retrofit options essentially means using an LED bulb in a standard light fixture. Therefore, some LED upgrades are as simple as buying an LED bulb and screwing it into a socket just like any other light bulb.
We are proud to be able to both design and manufacture our own products in the UK.
The maximum distance between the driver and fixture is dependent on the cable cross section
The maximum fixture length connected in series to a single driver equals the reel length
Our website allows you to have access to technical data on our product ranges, with a PDF format to download spec sheets, installation guides and IES/DWG files.
We work on a project-by-project basis to ensure the best price possible. Contact us and we will provide you with pricing details.
We offer samples of all of our products in order for you to have a better understanding of how well our products work. Contact us and we will happily provide them to you.
LEDs have the following advantages over neon;
- Power consumption - LEDs use much less power than is required by a neon in order to deliver the same light output.
- Versatility - LEDs offer a far wider range of products and configuration of solutions than neon. Neons have a limitation due to the nature of which they produce light and the way in which they are fabricated.
- Heat dissipation - LEDs produce less heat than neon.
- Safety - Neons run on high voltage and are encased in fragile glass tubes and therefore, it is unsafe to place them in easy reach.
- Colour range and effects - LEDs offer a wider palette of colour and colour changing effects through digital control.
- Maintenance - LEDs virtually need no maintenance as opposed to neons.
LEDs offer the capability of changing from Warm White to Cool White through digital control of the LEDs. This can be used in internal or external environments where the illuminance level and colour temperature can be adjusted to match the outdoor conditions depending on the intended feel of the space.
In retail and display environments where the range of products change by the season, the colours can be changed to match the type of product on display.